Dr. Hajali is board certified by the American board of Optometry, she completed her undergraduate studies and graduated with honors from the University of Illinois at Chicago, then finished her doctorate degree from Illinois College of Optometry graduating magna cum Laude. During school, Dr. Hajali was elected to join the Tomb and Key Honor society, and she received an award of clinical excellence. She has gained her training in advanced care and ocular diseases at Kirk Eye Center and Panton Eye Center, where she also got her training in fitting contact lenses including specialty contacts. In addition to her training in pediatric, vision therapy and low vision at the Illinois Eye institute, Dr. Hajali participated in the pediatric outreach program, where she examined a large number of infants, toddlers, and kids in many Chicago schools and day cares. She also participated in providing exams to patients with special needs in Illinois Center of Rehab and Education and in the Victor Newman Center. She finished her hospital-based externship at Jesse Brown VA medical Center, where she had an excellent training in diagnosing and managing many ocular diseases such as glaucoma.
Later on, Dr Hajali was elected to become a faculty as a fellow at the Ophthalmology department in the University of Illinois Medical Center where she completed a fellowship in hereditary retinal diseases and electrophysiology under the supervision of Dr. Gerald Fishman, where she has trained in providing retinal consultations and analyzing the genetic flow of retinal diseases in patients’ families. She investigated several hereditary retinal diseases, and developed research projects and published articles to help in future treatment trials.
In 2009, Dr. Hajali established Quality Eye Care Clinic in Elgin with the mission to provide the best eye care in the area to all patients of all ages. Her advanced education in ocular diseases and her accuracy in prescribing glasses and contacts grew her practice fast. Her main focus in addition to emergency eye care and treating ocular diseases is the evaluation and treating of dry eye syndrome. She established a dry eye center of excellence where she also excelled in using specialty contacts, advanced technology and the newest methods of treatment to give her patients comfort and relief.
She is a member of the American Optometric Association, Illinois Optometric Association, and Illinois Association of Prevention of Blindness. Dr. Hajali’s scope of interest includes patients of all ages; she also co-manages patients having laser vision correction, or cataract surgeries including those with bifocal implants. Her primary goal is to deliver the highest level of professional care to all patients in the area.
Dr. Hajali Publications
- Dorzolamide Use in the Management of Macular Cysts in A Patient With Enhanced S-Cone Syndrome. Hajali M, Fishman GA. Retinal Cases & Brief reports. Spring 2009: Volume 3 – Issue 2 – pp 121-124
- Interocular Difference and Duration for Doubling of the Minimal Angle of Visual Resolution in Patients with Stargardt Disease. Hajali M, Fishman GA, Anderson RJ, McAnany JJ. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009 Feb 21
- Diagnosis in a Patient with Fundus Albipunctatus and Atypical Fundus Changes. Hajali M, Fishman GA, Dryja TP, Sweeney MO, Lindeman M. Doc Ophthalmol. 2008 Oct 24
- The Prevalence of Cystoid Macular Oedema in Retinitis Pigmentosa Patients Determined by Optical Coherence Tomography. Hajali M, Fishman GA, Anderson RJ. Br J Ophthalmol. 2008 Aug;92(8):1065-8
- Prevalence of Cystic Macular Lesions in Patients with Usher II Syndrome. Walia S, Fishman GA, Hajali M. Eye. 2008 Apr 18
- The Prevalence of Cystoid Macular Oedema on Optical Coherence Tomography in Retinitis Pigmentosa Patients without Cystic Changes on Fundus Examination. Hajali M, Fishman GA. Eye. 2009 Apr;23(4):915-9. Epub 2008 Apr 18